1. Install all required software on your system.
2. Extract content of archive web2ldap-*.tar.gz to e.g. /usr/local. Regarding directory names under several Unix flavours: Your mileage may vary.
3. Rename /opt/web2ldap-
4. Edit configuration modules under [web2ldapdir]/etc/web2ldap/web2ldapcnf/ which contain comments about every configuration parameter. See also the documentation.
5. Optional step to speed start-up time:
Change current directory to the directory where you extracted web2ldap and invoke python [web2ldapdir]/sbin/compile.py or python -O [web2ldapdir]/sbin/compile.py for compiling all Python sources.
6. Optional step when running under Unix-like systems:
Choose the right start script for your running mode (see table above) and adjust the path to the Python interpreter executable in the first line of the web2ldap.py script (see also python -h for usage of option -O and -OO for running with optimized bytecode generation).
7. Configure and run WWW server:
For a quick start as stand-alone web gateway simply invoke the script at the command-line which outputs the start URL before detaching from console.
Simply double-click the file [web2ldapdir]/sbin/web2ldap.py.
Any HTTP server with CGI-FCGI wrapper
Install cgi-bin/web2ldap.fcgi to CGI-BIN directory of web server.
Apache with mod_fastcgi
See configuration directives in file etc/httpd/sample-mod_fastcgi.conf.
Apache with mod_scgi
See configuration directives in file etc/httpd/sample-mod_scgi.conf.