UNetbootin (Netboot Universal Installer) is an application platform that offers the possibility of installing some of the best-known Linux distributions in a simple manner and without the need to burn the CD image on a CD / DVD, you just have to point to ISO image.
UNetbootin uses a Windows or Linux-based installer to install a small modification to the bootloader (bootmgr and bcdedit on Vista, grldr and boot.ini for NT-based systems, grub.exe and config.sys for Win9x, grub on Linux, or syslinux when installing to a USB drive), uses the bootloader to boot the desired distribution's installer or to load the system utility, no CD required. After the distribution has been installed, or once done using the system utility, the modification to the bootloader is then undone.
UNetbootin can also be used to load various system utilities, including:
* Parted Magic, a partition manager that can resize, repair, backup, and restore partitions.
* Super Grub Disk, a boot utility that can restore and repair overwritten and misconfigured GRUB installs or directly boot various operating systems
* Backtrack, a utility used for network analysis and penetration testing.
* Ophcrack, a utility which can recover Windows passwords.
* NTPasswd, a utility which can reset Windows passwords and edit the registry.
* Gujin, a graphical bootloader that can also be used to boot various operating systems and media.
* Smart Boot Manager (SBM), which can boot off CD-ROM and floppy drives on computers with a faulty BIOS.
* FreeDOS, which can run BIOS flash and other legacy DOS utilities.
Download Unetbootin for Windows and for Linux