Configuration of CheckGmail is GUI-based and the application is designed to be simple, elegant and unobtrusive.
* Small, fast and elegant
* Open messages, mark as read, archive, delete, or report as spam directly from the popup window
* Get and display the full text of messages in the notification window
* Supports multiple languages
* Can be run in multiple instances to check different mail accounts
* Can run commands (eg play a sound, turn on a LED) when new mail is present
* Supports Gmail hosted domains
* Optional password security
* Supports proxy servers
Installation: Use "1-click" installer to install CheckGmail
OpenSuSe 11.1 - here
OpenSuSe 11.0 - here
After successful installation, go to Start >> Application >> Internet >> E-Mail and open KCheckGmail and you will observe that a new tray icon got added, right click on the icon and select "Configure"
After sucessfull configuration you should see something like ...