* As with LimeWire, FrostWire is written in Java, and is therefore capable of supporting multiple platforms.
* While LimeWire is available in both free and paid versions, FrostWire is released only as a free version, the Windows version of which comes bundled with the Ask.com toolbar. FrostWire includes much of the functionality of LimeWire's free version, as well as a few of LimeWire Pro's payment based upgrades.
* FrostWire provides a chatroom, which is absent in LimeWire. However, LimeWire includes an instant messenger using the Jabber protocol and allows the user to share with individual friends in the messenger which is a feature not found in FrostWire. Starting from version 126.96.36.199, the chat feature of displays advertising to help pay for the required servers.
* FrostWire's interface was originally nearly identical to that of LimeWire. However, LimeWire 5.0 has a re-designed interface which has not been implemented by FrostWire. FrostWire's skin may be changed to a variety of different colors which is no longer an option in LimeWire 5.0.
1) Download FrostWire (tar) - here
2) After sucessfull download, untar the package: tar -zxvf frostwire-4.18.0.noarch.tar.gz
3) Go inside the directory and run command: ./runFrostwire.sh to start the installation process
Finally, after few more screens you should able to complete the installation to lunch the application