It allows you to import your existing iTunes database, add songs, podcasts, videos and cover art, and to edit ID3 tags.
The latest version has added a raft of new features including: preliminary support gapless playback for MP3 files, multi-threaded on-the fly conversion of WAV, FLAC and OGG files to formats the iPod understands, background-copying of tracks to the iPod, display of album art, and the downloading of album art.
* Remove and export tracks from the iPod
* Import and export Visio VDX files
* Read an existing iTunesDB ( import the existing contents of an iPod including playcounts, ratings and on-the-go playlists)
* Write the updated iTunesDB and added songs to the iPod
* Add MP3, WAV, M4A (non-protected AAC), M4B (audio book), podcasts, and various video files (single files, directories or existing playlists) to the iPod
* Normalize the volume of tracks (uses mp3gain or the replay-gain tag)
* Create and modify playlists, including smart playlists
* View, add and modify Cover Art
* Browse the contents of a local harddisk by album/artist/genre by adding all your songs to the 'local' database
* Extract tag information (artist, album, title...) from the filename
* Detect duplicates when adding songs (optional)
* Modify & refresh ID3 tags
* Synchronize directories
* Work offline and synchronize new playlists / songs with the iPod at a later time.
* Export korganizer, kaddressbook, Thunderbird, evocalendar, Evolution etc data to the iPod
* Choose the character set the ID3 tags are encoded in from within gtkpod
Installation: Use "1-click" installer to install gtkpod
OpenSuSe 11.1 - here
OpenSuSe 11.0 - here
After successful installation go to Start >> Application >> Multimedia >> Administration and launch gtkpod application
Now after connecting ipod launch gtkpod and you will find you ipod listed in the leftmost pane of the application.
Now to add audio/video to your ipod just drag the respective file/folder into ipod's playlist and press the save changes button and the files should be loaded properly in the ipod.