Instant access to precise, step-by-step solutions for every essential Linux administration task from basic configuration and troubleshooting to advanced security and optimization.
If you're responsible for delivering results with Linux, Linux® Quick Fix Notebook brings together all the step-by-step instructions, precise configuration commands, and real-world guidance you need. This distilled, focused, task-centered guide was written for sysadmins, netadmins, consultants, power users...everyone whose livelihood depends on making Linux work, and keeping it working.
This book's handy Q&A format gives you instant access to specific answers, without ever forcing you to wade through theory or jargon. Peter Harrison addresses virtually every aspect of Linux administration, from software installation to security, user management to Internet services--even advanced topics such as software RAID and centralized LDAP authentication. Harrison's proven command-line examples work quickly and efficiently, no matter what Linux distribution you're using. Here's just some of what you'll learn how to do:
* Build Linux file/print servers and networks from scratch
* Troubleshoot Linux and interpret system error messages
* Control every step of the boot process
* Create, manage, secure, and track user accounts
* Install, configure, and test Linux-based wireless networks
* Protect your network with Linux iptables firewalls
* Set up Web, email, DNS, DHCP, and FTP servers
And much more...
By Peter Harrison. Published by Prentice Hall. Part of the Bruce Perens' Open Source Series.
Download your free copy of "Linux Quick Fix Notebook" - here